|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
August 2016 Schedule
Sun. Aug. 07: Bill McFarland's The Chicago Horns - led by Bill McFarland (trombone), featuring Kenny Anderson (trumptet) and Hank Ford (sax), with rhythm section TBA
Sun. Aug. 14: Delores Scott Quartet - featuring Delores Scott (vocals), with Roger Harris (piano), Chuck Webb (bass), Ben Johnson (drums)
Sun. Aug. 21: Charlie Johnson Quartet - featuring Charlie Johnson (piano), with James Perkins (sax), Ron Hall (bass), Charles Heath (drums)
Sun. Aug. 28: Xavier Breaker Coalition - featuring Xavier Breaker (drums), with Shaun Johnson (trumpet), Rajiv Halim (saxophones), Joel Ream (guitar), Andrew Lawrence (keys), Andrew Vogt (bass)
Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan
Our series is on hiatus for the Summer, and will return in the Fall.
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott