|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
December 2016 Schedule
Sun. Dec. 04: Dee Alexander Quartet - featuring Dee Alexander (vocals), with Miguel de la Cerna (piano), Junius Paul (bass), Yussef Ernie Adams (drums)
Sun. Dec. 11: Frieda Lee Sextet - featuring Frieda Lee (vocals), with Bobby Schiff (piano), Mike Allemana (guitar), Bernard Scavella (sax), Matt Ferguson (bass), Curtis Prince (drums)
Sun. Dec. 18: Denise Thimes Group - featuring Denise Thimes (vocals), with Adaron "Pops" Jackson (piano), Marlene Rosenberg (bass), Charles Heath (drums), Skinny Williams (sax)
Sun. Dec. 25: CLOSED ON CHRISTMAS
2016-17 Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan
10/18: Saxophonist Jarrard Harris
11/15: Pianist Ron Perrillo
No "Third Tuesday" in December
1/17: Drummer Xavier Breaker
2/21: Trumpeter Victor Garcia
3/21: Saxophonist Edwin Daugherty
4/18: Drummer Makaya McCraven
5/16: Pianist Jo Ann Daugherty
6/20: Drummer Ernie Adams
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott