|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
August 2015 Schedule
Sun. Aug. 02: Jazz Community Big Band, directed by Marianne May
Sun. Aug. 09: Isaiah Collier Sextet - featuring Isaiah Collier (sax), with Irvin Pierce (sax), Joel Ross (vibes), Alexis Lombré (piano), James Wenzell (bass), Xavier Breaker (drums)
Sun. Aug. 16: Victor Goines Quartet - featuring Victor Goines (clarinet/sax), with Jeremy Kahn (piano), Jerimiah Hunt (bass), Greg Artry (drums)
Sun. Aug. 23: James Perkins Sextet - featuring James Perkins (saxes/woodwinds), with Charlie Johnson (piano), Donovan Mixon (guitar), Junius Paul (bass), Tony Carpenter (percussion), Clif Wallace (drums), and special guests Phillip Perkins Sr. (trumpet), Phillip Perkins Jr. (violin), Carolyn Fitzhugh (vocals)
Sun. Aug. 30: Joan Collaso hosts 5th Sunday Jam! - featuring Joan Collaso (vocals), with sidemen TBA
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott