|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
May 2016 Schedule
Sun. May 01: Curtis Robinson Quartet - featuring Curtis Robinson (guitar), with Roger Harris (piano), Chuck Webb (bass), Malcolm Banks (drums)
Sun. May 08: Antonio Duca Band - featuring Antonio Duca (vocals), with Eric Schneider (sax), Mark Burnell (piano), Brian Sandstrom (bass), Jeff Stitely (drums)
Sun. May 15: A special "Double-Bill" evening at Room 43 - with:
6:00 p.m. Mt. Carmel Jazz Band
7:30 p.m. Alexis Lombre Quintet - featuring Alexis Lombre (piano) with Rajiv Halim (saxophone), Corey Wilkes (trumpet), Junius Paul (bass), Xavier Breaker (drums)
Sun. May 22: Victor Goines Quartet - featuring Victor Goines (clarinets & saxes) with Julius Tucker (piano), Emma Dayhuff (bass), Greg Artry (drums)
Sun. May 29: Joan Collaso's 5th Sunday Jam - featuring Joan Collaso (vocals), with sidemen TBA
Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan
And don't forget our "Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan" series! Always FREE, our next "Third Tuesday" on Tues. April 19th features saxophonist Chris Greene's Quartet.
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott