|Photo Credit: James Walker and JazzChicago.net|
Hyde Park Jazz Fest
Our Home for Jazz on Sundays...
- TIME: two sets beginning at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
- LOCATED: 1043 E. 43rd Street, Room 43 is 1.5 blocks east of Ellis (between Berkeley & Greenwood) on the south side of the street (at the bus stop sign - it has orange awnings).
- FREE PARKING: on the street or in the "One Stop" lot at Lake Park & 43rd (1 block east)
- VALET PARKING: is NOT currently available
- CASH ADMISSION: $10 adults/$5 for University students with ID or children with adults
- ROOM 43 offers bar and food service, including a tasty selection of "Jazz Bites."
January 2017 Schedule
Sun. Jan. 01: CLOSED ON NEW YEARS DAY
Sun. Jan. 08: Henry Johnson Quartet - featuring Henry Johnson (guitar), with Billy Foster (piano), Mark Sonksen (bass), Charles Heath (drums)
Sun. Jan. 15: Art Hoyle Quintet - featuring Art Hoyle (trumpet/flugelhorn), with Pat Mallinger (sax), Bradley Williams (piano), Dan Shapera (bass), Robert Shy (drums)
Sun. Jan. 22: Charles Heath Quartet - featuring Charles Heath (drums), with Rajiv Halim (sax), Julius Tucker (piano), Christian Dillingham (bass)
Sun. Jan. 29: Joan Collaso hosts HPJS 5th Sunday Jam - featuring Joan Collaso (vocals), with sidemen TBA
2016-17 Third Tuesday at Cafe Logan
10/18: Saxophonist Jarrard Harris
11/15: Pianist Ron Perrillo
No "Third Tuesday" in December
1/17: Drummer Xavier Breaker
2/21: Trumpeter Victor Garcia
3/21: Saxophonist Edwin Daugherty
4/18: Drummer Makaya McCraven
5/16: Pianist Jo Ann Daugherty
6/20: Drummer Ernie Adams
The Calendar is subject to change!
Our E-Mail Address: contact the Hyde Park Jazz Society
Webmaster: Ken Scott